How to choose swimming pool water circulation method in swimming pool design

- Aug 03, 2020-

In the swimming pool design process, how to choose the swimming pool water circulation method? This question must first consider one's own actual situation, such as: investment bonus, site size, construction period, technical support, etc. Make the corresponding choice according to your own situation. Let's get to know the water circulation methods commonly used in swimming pools and compare their advantages and disadvantages.


Generally speaking, there are three ways of swimming pool water circulation:


Downstream type: the entire circulating water volume of the swimming pool or water amusement pool is sent into the pool through the water supply port located below the end wall or side wall of the pool, and the corresponding volume of used water is retrieved from the backwater port located at the bottom of the pool , The water flow method used after purification (adding medicine, filtering, heating and disinfecting) and returning to the pool. We generally adopt the "downstream" circulation method that simulates the flow of the river. Its advantage is that it is simple to construct. It only needs to be pre-buried into the backwater on the wall of the pool. There is no need to build a balance pool, and the construction cost is relatively low. The loss along the way is relatively small; but there are also drawbacks. When the connection method of the inlet and outlet connecting pipes is used improperly, there will be dead water areas, and some floating objects will remain on the pool surface, which need to be removed manually; as far as China’s current situation is concerned, it is'downstream' The recycling method is the most suitable recycling water treatment method for China's current national conditions.

 

Counter-flow type: the entire circulating water volume of the swimming pool or water amusement pool is sent into the pool through the water supply port or water supply trough located at the bottom of the pool, and then the corresponding volume of used water is retrieved through the overflow trough located on the outside of the pool wall for purification (Dosing, filtering, heating and disinfecting) and then return to the water flow mode for continued use in the pool. The advantage of this circulation method is that the water distribution is relatively uniform. Surface floating objects can be removed with the flow of water, but it has greater requirements for construction and large losses along the pipeline. It also requires the construction of a balanced pool. The relative construction cost is relatively high. When the flatness of the pool edge is uneven, the pool water There will be a short-circuit phenomenon (that is, the treated water returns directly to the water treatment equipment without being used).

 

Mixed-flow type: 60%~70% of the total circulating water in the swimming pool or water amusement pool is retrieved through the overflow return tank located on the outside of the pool wall, and the other 30%-40% of the water is retrieved through the backwater outlet located at the bottom of the pool retrieve. The two parts of circulating water are combined for purification (dosing, filtration, heating and disinfection) and then sent back to the pool through the bottom of the pool to continue using the water flow method. However, its requirements for construction are relatively large and complicated, and it is generally not suitable for use.