How To Choose Swimming Pool Water Circulation

- May 20, 2020-

1. Downstream

The total circulating water volume of the swimming pool is sent into the pool through the water supply port located below the water surface of the end wall or side wall of the pool, and then the corresponding volume of used water is retrieved from the return water port located at the bottom of the pool. The water flow method that continues to be used in the pool.

We generally use the "downstream" circulation method that simulates the flow of rivers. Its advantage is that it is simple to construct. It only needs to be pre-buried into the water inlet of the pool wall. There is no need to build a balanced pool, and the construction cost of the swimming pool is relatively low. The loss along the pipeline is small; but there are also disadvantages. When the connection method of the inlet and return water connection pipe is used improperly, there will be a dead water area, and some floating objects will remain on the pool surface, which needs to be removed manually.


2, counter-current

The total circulating water volume of the swimming pool is sent into the pool through the water supply port or water tank provided at the bottom of the pool, and then the corresponding volume of used water is retrieved through the overflow tank provided outside the pool wall, after purification, it is returned to the pool for continued use Water flow. The advantage of this circulation method is that the water distribution is relatively uniform.


3, mixed flow

60% to 70% of the total circulating water in the swimming pool or water upstream pool is retrieved through the overflow return water tank located outside the pool wall, and the other 30% to 40% of the water volume is retrieved through the return water port located at the bottom of the pool. However, its requirements for construction are relatively large and complicated, so it is generally not suitable for use.

However, the common acrylic swimming pool engineering design uses more forward-flow and counter-flow water circulation methods. It is also more suitable for China's current situation of circulating water treatment.